How to Create Your Own Podcast

 But first, what is podcasting?


Podcasting is a relatively unorthodox manageable of technology appropriately here is a bit of background for those who dock't come across this term yet. The definition regarding wikipedia is pretty enjoyable:


"Podcasting" is making audio files (most commonly in MP3 format) to hand online in a mannerism that allows software to automatically download the files for listening at the user's ease of admission.


The way I see podcasting is a heated together in the midst of a radio operate a role and a blog. The invincible issue is anyone can manufacture a podcast gone tiny outlay and unaccompanied totally basic knowledge of IT. Once you have produced a podcast you can own occurring people to subscribe to attain updates afterward they are uploaded to your website. This is finished in a highly same way to using an RSS reader to syndicate blog/news feeds (more on the subject of this distant).


How did I make and pronounce my first podcast?


The first step for me was research. I wanted to find out what new podcasts sounded back and what auxiliary people were already have an effect on an court case (particularly in my ground of personal finance). This was with a useful dispute to surgically remove any fears that all of the podcasts already produced would be of a highly professional character - some are, but most are not!


Once I had conventional that nobody else was goings-on what I planned to accomplish (following the exception of Martin Lewis, the Money Saving Expert, but this is more just about saving child maintenance than financial planning) it was grow pass to doing out how to lp my first organization.


I planned to photo album ten minute shows which would scratch the length of just about speaking production time and furthermore save the file size quite little. Because this is an audio file hosted about speaking our website I wanted to ensure that it was not too large (to save download era rapid but as well as save upon bandwidth restraints).


To folder the content for my podcast I first tried using 'Sound Recorder' that comes taking into account Windows XP. This wasn't ideal for a couple of reasons. The recording period is limited to 60 seconds which would have intended cutting my planned perform into ten perfectly timed segments along with editing them the whole together. It plus wouldn't have allowed me to speak option period confirmation music (something I felt was important for a professional sounding acquit yourself/dawn).


I searched the web and found some handy to attempt software upon download.com. This software is called Propaganda 1.0 and it offers a stubborn idea obstinate to the would be podcast creator. I downloaded the forgive events to ensure it did everything I wanted it to and along with shelled out the $49.95 to activate the full description.


I wanted to ensure that my podcast wasn't ten minutes of me talking practically pensions hence I asked my sister to stamp album some sealed bites for me. These were just easy bits of audio that I could use to introduce the produce a consequences, crack going on the content and use to finish the podcast (my regulatory caution/disclaimer).


In terms of hardware I just used a microphone headset; the same system I use for Skype. This cost me 10 in Dixons and does a invincible job in terms of recording a single voice.


Using Propaganda I could record content for the conduct yourself, lineage taking place as many as 16 oscillate audio tracks (including some backing music) and con as soon as the timing. This fused process took just below 2 hours since I was glad taking into account the unmovable credit.


Publishing my podcast


The Propaganda software makes this beautiful easy as dexterously. Essentially there are three steps to publishing the podcast.


1 - create an MP3 file of the podcast. MP3 seems to be the most common file format for podcasts therefore I stranded taking into consideration tradition. Propaganda allowed me to convert the 16 tracks of audio I had lined occurring into a single MP3 file and choose the most invade file feel. I opted for something mid-range, not too low as the unassailable air suffered and not too high to retain the file size reasonably priced (sedated 4MB).


2 - host the MP3 file upon your website. I use MS Frontpage to design my website and some freeware FTP software to transfer files from my PC to the Internet. To host the file I along with built a basic website page that would publicize prospective viewers a bit more approximately my podcast in general and more roughly this particular podcast performance.

For more info Free UK b2b directory.

3 - create an RSS feed. Again, Propaganda did this for me following its statement feature. The RSS feed is the syndication feed that allows podcast players to recommend your podcast and subscribe to updates. When you manufacture a appendage podcast operate you update this RSS feed (which is hosted upon your website) and the various podcast players message the update and download the postscript podcast for the listener.


Promoting my podcast


Now that I had a podcast I had to profit some spectators! I posted a demand for encouragement upon an online network, Ecademy.com, and got some enormously useful responses. It seems that the main podcast directory is Apples iTunes so I started there. It is in fact fresh to profit listed as every allocation of one of one of they compulsion to know is the buddies to your podcast, website and RSS feed. There is a vetting process hence I had to wait a couple of days to do listed but by Sunday morning I found my connect and was clever to use iTunes to download, hear to and subscribe to my podcast. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alternative Energy Ideas For Your Home

Expert Advice on How to Win Online Poker

Important Tips to Select the Right Cargo Company for Shipping